Week 13: New Resource- PBISWorld.com

 

What is PBISWorld

PBISWorld.com is a website that is designed with PBIS and MTSS in mind and can offer teachers support for tier 1, 2, and 3 students. The website includes interventions, resources, and data tracking tools to help teachers with the diverse learners in their classroom. This website is free to use and gives teachers a place to start when looking for interventions for an individual student or for their class. 

How does it work? 

There are a few ways you can utilize PBISWorld. When you get onto the website the user can immediately identify a problem behavior that they are looking for interventions for. When you click on the behavior you are noticing it will direct you to a page where it describes what that behavior may look like in a classroom setting. If the description matches your student you will click "yes" and will be sent to another page that provides you with a list of interventions. Each intervention is hyperlinked allowing you to learn more about how to utilize it in your classroom. In addition to individual interventions PBISWorld provides educators with tier 1 strategies and resources as well. This is a great place for teachers to look when they are looking to develop their practice and find new solutions that could work in their room. The last major thing that is on the website is data tracking forms. The website offers tracking forms for tier 1-3 students. Teachers can utilize this feature when they identify an intervention and then want to track its effectiveness. 

How I use it in my classroom?

My first year teaching I had a lot of students impacted by trauma. My administration was working with a huge number of tier 3 students. This left me feeling lost with next steps to support my students. I mainly used PBISWorld for coming up with interventions for my individual students as well as getting ideas for data tracking tools. I had a student who was defiant and I got a few ideas from this website that I was able to try out with him. While not all the interventions worked I stayed consistent with using the data tracking tool and it came it handy when I shared some behavior notes with my administration and the students family. 

Tips:
  • If you see an intervention or a data tracking sheet that is almost what you are looking for do not be afraid to modify. This website is a great jumping off point for teachers. 
  • Some of the links do not work for the intervention resources. Do not get discouraged their are a lot of great ones on the website!
  • Make sure you try an intervention for a few months before switching to a new one. It is important for a student to adapt to it. 

How could it work in your classroom:

  • Get interventions for a individual student
  • Come up with new ideas for supporting your class with rewards, consequences, etc. 
  • Use data tracking tools to confer with families or administration. 
  • Use the data tracking tools to assess interventions that are your own to assess effectiveness. 

Comments

  1. I LOVE this. as soon as I saw the title I quickly bookmarked it on my computer. Just like you said it looks like a great starting point for teachers to get ideas from and then we can modify as needed. Thanks for sharing this great resource, I am sure it is going to come in handy for many teachers, if it hasn't already for several.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EDUG 647 Reply Post

    This is a great tool. This year we did not use PBIS as we have in the past, but as I explored the site I could use so many of the tools now. There is no need to what until we implement PBIS again. Thank you for writing about it.
    ~Nicole Perkins

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 15: New Tool- Newsela

Infused Classroom: Review of Wakelet