Week 5: Infused Classroom- Adobe Spark

 This week I looked at Holly Clark's blog Infused Classroom and her review of the tool Jamboard. 

What is Adobe Spark?

I am not sure about anyone else but this year has been overwhelming trying to learn and implement so many new technologies an apps. This is why I chose this tool because Holly Clark emphasizes how SIMPLE it is to use! This a free easy to use tool that focuses on letting students create. Adobe spark offers three tools for creation: Post, page and video. In her blog Clark shares that all students have to do is, "Combine text, videos, graphics and add music to create learning centered projects." Students can use pre-made templates or blank outlines to create different projects. What is great about adobe spark is that it can be integrated into almost any subject and can allow your students to show their understanding in a unique and creative way. 




Can I use Adobe Spark in the classroom? 

My students love to create! I really like Adobe Spark because it will be easy to implement and Holly Clarks blog gave me some great ideas.

One idea I got from Clark about integrating Adobe Spark into my instruction is for the beginning of the year. Often times I have students do worksheets to answer questions about themselves. Having them create a poster to showcase who they are could engage students in a new way of sharing and give them access to tools that they would not have with just pencil and paper. 

Another idea I got from Clark involves using this tool in math and science lessons. She suggests, "Have students show using video the process of solving a problem – tutorial style and then go out in the field and show how this is applied in real life – POWERFUL!" I have the highly capable students in my classroom and I think this would be an amazing challenge for them. It is one thing to have an understanding of math skills but being able to find how to apply those skills in real life takes students to a different level of understanding. Since this tool is so easy to use, I could have my students work on this independently and know they would not need a lot of support to use this tool. 

Holly Clark had a handful of other helpful ideas on her blog. Check out the top of this page to find the link! 

Comments

  1. I like Spark also. It is a great tool to engage reluctant readers and writers. It addresses the digital divide by moving from tech consumer to producer. Finally, it engages students in 21st cent skills.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 13: New Resource- PBISWorld.com

Week 15: New Tool- Newsela

Infused Classroom: Review of Wakelet